If you are reading this because a loved one has passed away, please accept our sincere condolences.
Supporting a charity close to your loved one’s heart can be a wonderful way to pay tribute to them and leave a lasting legacy. You support will ensure we can continue searching for potential treatments for inherited retinal conditions, and provide vital information and support for people and families affected by inherited sight loss throughout the UK.
There are several different ways to support Retina UK in memory of someone special, including:
- Collecting donations at a funeral or memorial. We can provide leaflets, donation envelopes, and collecting tins or buckets.
- Donate online by setting up a tribute page. You’ll be able to easily share the link with family and friends. They will then have the opportunity to write personalised messages, share via social media, and also gift aid their donation, increasing its value by 25%. You can use one of the following websites to set this up:
- Donate online via the Retina UK website. Please ask those donating in this way to let us know who the donation is in memory of in the ‘Reason for donation’ box.
- Posting cheques to our office address: Retina UK, Whiteleaf Business Centre, 11 Little Balmer, Buckingham, MK18 1TF. Please remember to include the name of the person the donations are in memory of, and a return address if an acknowledgement is required.
- If you’d also like to take on a challenge in memory of someone special, speak to our Community and Events Fundraising Manager on fundraising@RetinaUK.org.uk, or take a look at some of our forthcoming challenges.
If you have any questions or would like further information about giving in memory, please contact our friendly team on fundraising@RetinaUK.org.uk or call 01280 821334. Thank you for thinking of Retina UK at this difficult time.