Run with #TeamRetinaUK to help provide information and support so people can lead better lives today and fund medical research for treatments for the future.
Any participant who needs a guide can request a free place for their support runner from the event organisers. The event organisers will need to know the reason that support is required and may ask for written documentation from a medical professional to confirm this. Your guide will receive a finisher’s medal and t-shirt (as well as a Retina UK running vest). If you have any questions about this, please do get in touch with our team.
Support for you
As a part of Team Retina UK you’ll get:
- Help and guidance from a dedicated member of our fundraising team.
- A Retina UK running vest.
- Invitation to join our Strava running club where you can chat with other Retina UK runners, sharing tips and advice.
- Access to a range of materials to help with your fundraising – including sponsor forms, collection tins, pin badges and more.
- A shiny Great North Run medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies.
“The Great North Run was fantastic – I really enjoyed it! There was so much support from the spectators and the cheering crowds kept me going. Crossing the Tyne Bridge was good but seeing ‘Elvis’ on the route was even better! I got the time I wanted too which was a bonus!”Jo, who ran the 2022 Great North Run