Join us for an evening of presentations from some of Wales’ top Medical, Ophthalmic and Healthcare professionals. Speakers include:
- Professor Marcela Votruba, Professor and Hon. Consultant in Ophthalmology
- Dr Nicola Tavener, Genetic Counsellor
- Dr Paul Combes
- Glen Tookey, CEO, Sight and Sound
Presentations will cover:
- Genetic primer- patterns of inheritance and genetic counselling- especially relevant to inherited retinal dystrophies (IRD)
- Summary of IRD diseases, genes & overview of current IRD gene therapy and treatment trials
- Clinical Outcomes Group- How are we going to find new treatments for rare diseases such as IRD?
- Accessible Technology from Sight and Sound
The focus of our Wales information evening will be specific to that part of the United Kingdom. The event is being held online and as such, all are welcome to join us. Please remember that the process for referrals etc. may not be exactly the same in your home region.
This event is proudly sponsored by Sight and Sound