If you are reading this because a loved one has passed away, please accept our sincere condolences. Thank you for considering supporting Retina UK in their memory.
Supporting a charity close to your loved one’s heart can be a wonderful way to pay tribute to them. You support will ensure we can continue searching for potential treatments for inherited retinal conditions, and provide vital information and support for people and families affected by inherited sight loss throughout the UK.
Ways to give
There are several different ways to support Retina UK in memory of someone special, including:
- Collecting donations at a funeral or memorial. We can provide leaflets, donation envelopes, and collecting tins or buckets. We appreciate this might be challenging at the moment due to COVID-19 related restrictions, so one of the below options may be more appropriate at the current time.
- Donating online by setting up a tribute page on one of the following websites and sharing the link with family and friends. Those wishing to donate will have the opportunity to write a personalised message, share the page on social media, and also gift aid their donation, increasing its value by 25%.
- Just Giving – https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/categories/in-memory.
- Much Loved – https://www.muchloved.com/.
- If you would prefer the Funeral Director to handle the collecting of donations, they may be registered to use Memory Giving – https://www.memorygiving.com/.
- Donating online via the Retina UK website, at: RetinaUK.org.uk. Please ask those donating in this way to let us know who the donation is in memory of in the ‘Reason for donation’ box.
- Posting cheques to our office address: Retina UK, Wharf House, Stratford Road, Buckingham, MK18 1TD. Please remember to include the name of the person the gifts are in memory of, and a return address if an acknowledgement is required.
- To chat about taking on a fundraising challenge in memory of someone special, speak to our Community and Events Fundraising Manager on simon.taylor@RetinaUK.org.uk, or take a look at some of our forthcoming challenges.
Thank you for considering supporting Retina UK in your loved one’s memory. If you have any questions or would like further information about giving in memory, please contact Deborah Laing on deborah.laing@RetinaUK.org.uk or by calling 07841 004564. Thank you, once again, for considering supporting Retina UK in this generous way.