Terms and conditions – Retina UK Christmas Raffle
- The cost of each ticket is £1 and payment must be made in full in advance of the draw date
- The deadline for returning ticket counterfoils and payment is Wednesday 9 December 2020 with the draw taking place on Friday 11 December 2020.
- All profits from the raffle will be used by Retina UK, registered charity number 1153851, to fund pioneering research into inherited sight loss and provide vital information and support to our community.
- Participation in the raffle is to be made by returning ticket stubs in the post with appropriate payment – i.e. cheque or credit card. CAF vouchers cannot be used as payment and we would not advise sending cash in the post.
- All cash, cheques and credit card payments will be processed in line with Retina UK’s Donation Processing Policy.
- Any payment received after the draw date will be treated as a donation.
- Please keep your tickets to hand as proof of purchase.
- No tickets to be sold to or by a person aged under 16 years. If a ticket is unknowingly sold to or by a person under the age of 16, it will be disqualified from the raffle and the money paid for it will be refunded.
- Tickets must not be sold in the street or door to door.
- Entrants must be resident in Great Britain.
- Each supporter can purchase up to £100 worth of raffle tickets themselves and can sell additional tickets to family, friends and colleagues, who in turn can purchase up to £100 worth of raffle tickets themselves.
- Winning tickets will be drawn at random in the presence of a witness.
- Prizes will be allocated in the order the tickets are drawn.
- Retina UK accepts no responsibility for tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible, or from which the winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the raffle to be disrupted.
- The result of the raffle is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Where Retina UK is unable to contact a prize winner so that the prize remains unclaimed for six months, the charity reserves the right to re-use that prize as it sees fit.
- Retina UK reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- In the event that COVID-19 lockdown restrictions prevent access to the Retina UK offices, the draw date may be delayed. Notification of the new date will be published on the Retina UK website and promoted via our social media channels.
Responsible person: Deborah Laing, Head of Fundraising, Retina UK, PO Box 350, Buckingham, MK18 1GZ
If you have any queries, would like to opt out of future raffles, or would like to make a complaint, please contact the Fundraising Office on 01280 815900 or email fundraising@RetinaUK.org.uk. You can also use these details to request a large print or audio version of these terms and conditions.
If you feel that your raffle related complaint has not been dealt with to your satisfaction you can refer the matter to an external resolution service – ADR Group: http://www.adrgroup.co.uk, 020 3600 5050.
Retina UK is licensed by the Gambling Commission. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
You can opt out of receiving the Christmas Raffle mailing at any time by calling us on 01280 815900 or emailing fundraising@RetinaUK.org.uk.
In 2019 the Christmas Raffle raised £15,016 for Retina UK. This consisted of £11,867 in ticket sales and £3,149 in donations. Costs were £5,947.48.